Saturday, July 7, 2007

La Raza Noble


I still haven't decided on a title for my new series of paintings, but "Between the Rows" is good. At least it gives an idea of what I want to say about a way of life that, for the most part, is ignored by much of the country.
I want the series--paintings, prints and drawings--to describe the lives of the working poor. The people in these small towns in the Central Valley are the back bone of California's agricultural economy. They work without benefits or safety nets.
This series will be about how I grew up--isolated in a small town where everyone worked either in the cannery, fields or other ag related industries. It's about dignity, pride and the blue skies that stretched from mountain to mountain across the Valley.

1 comment:

André said...

great paintings... you must publish more... I´ll will bookmark your blog, so i can visit you often...